The Annual General Meeting
The Oundle and District Dog Training Society is a Kennel Club Registered Society. The registration means that we agree to abide by the rules notified to the Kennel Club and pay an annual Maintenance of Title fee.
The Annual General Meeting is scheduled for May each year. The meeting is chaired by the President or, in his absence, by a Vice-President. The meeting hears the Chairmans report for the previous year. The audited accounts are presented by the Hon. Treasurer and accepted as a true record of the previous years financial position.
The President and Vice-Presidents are elected at the AGM. The Society is unusual in that officers are re-elected every year but cannot serve in a particular office for more than three consecutive years (in the case of the Hon. Treasurer this can be extended in exceptional circumstances). The committee is also elected at the AGM. The trainers are appointed by the committee so this takes place at a committee meeting following the AGM.
Annual awards are presented at the AGM. The trophies are kept for one year but all the winners have their names inscribed in the awards book which is kept in perpetuity. Some progress awards are kept by the recipients.
The Ringcraft Awards
These depend on success at shows and regular attendance and progress at classes.
- Best Newcomer Show Dog
- Reserve Best Newcomer Show Dog
- Best Opposite Sex Newcomer Show Dog
- Best Junior Handler
The Obedience Awards
- The Stockshill Dawn Award. This shield was donated by Peggy Brodie in memory of her first corgi. It is awarded to a handler who has never trained a dog before and has made the best progress during the year.
- The Murphy Cup. This cup was donated by Non Murphy (a founder member and late President) in memory of her husband, Pat. It is awarded to a dog and handler who have joined the Society during the year and made excellent progress.
- Advanced Obedience. This shield is awarded to a dog and handler who have performed well in the tests they have taken in the higher classes.
- Beginners Obedience. As above but for the lower classes.
- Best Junior Handler (Obedience).
- Best Obedience in classes at Companion and Open Obedience Shows.
- Best Novelty. For dogs who have done well in Novelty classes at Companion Dog Shows.
- Progress Awards. Small shields awarded for progress during the year.
Slips are available on club nights for people to record and submit their wins.
Members are encouraged to attend the Annual General Meeting.
Members and their AGM Awards 2014